Sign in to follow this  
wayside

Display comments block on homepage

wayside

Website is setup to display the latest blog for the homepage. This works fine, however how do I get the comments block to also display without clicking on "Leave a Comment".

timlinson

"Leave a Comment" takes you to the single post page of the post, which shows the entire individual post plus the comment field. Are you saying you want comment fields to show up for every post on the main blog page?

wayside

I have the settings of WP to have the latest post the home page. Rather than having just the "Leave a Comment" link, I would like to display the comment block under the post. Also I only display 1 post at a time on the homepage.

Kate

Hi Richard, You would have to modify the template.postloop.php file. Are you comfortable with PHP?

wayside

Yes I am comfortable with PHP. Will this cause any issues with future updates?

timlinson

If you're using platformpro, you can preserve these customizations by using the platformbase child theme. Activate it in Appearance > Themes, and then copy the template to the platformbase folder. Make your changes in the base file.

wayside

copied the file, where do I edit in order to display the comments?

wayside

From everything that I have read so far, you can't display the comment block (txt area) within the template.postloop.php template or something about not being able to display the comments box on the homepage when the home page is set to display the latest post.

cmunns

Comments go with single post pages. It doesn't work to allow them on a non-single post page.

wayside

cmunns - Is there a way to create a page and then have that page the homepage? Trying to figure out some type of work around?

kastelic

In Settings -> REading you can set any page as your homepage or Blog page. Did i read your question right?

wayside

I saw that, but isn't a blog page different then a blog post?

catrina

Blog page is the main page where blog posts are displayed and a blog post is just a single blog post displayed in its own page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse