Sign in to follow this  
axiomuser

Shortcode in widgets

axiomuser

I want to add shortcode to the full width widget. The code in particular is for readmytweet-wordpress-jquery-twitter-scroller which is a great plugin by the way, the shortcode is ver simply [readmytweet]. I have searched all of the forums and found that if you add add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode'); to the functions.php file it should allow this... But, not really as it does not work. Was wondering if there were any suggestion on how to add shortcode to widgets.

timlinson

Which functions.php file did you add that filter to? Was it in platformbase or platformpro? And do you have PlatformBase or PlatformPro as the active theme in Appearance > Themes?

axiomuser

Tim - Thanks for the response. I have the PlatformPro theme installed.

Kate

Hey Peter, You'll want to add the code to the platsformbase folder's functions.php file. (You also have to make sure that Base is the active theme in Appearance->Themes.)

axiomuser

I have. functions.php file looks like this: <?php /* THEME INITIALIZATION This file loads the core framework for Platform which handles everything. This theme copyright © 2008-2010 PageLines */ require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/includes/core.init.php"); add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

Kate

Hey Peter, That's the functions.php file in platformpro. We want you to edit the functions.php file in platformbase. As mentioned above, please also make sure that Base is activated, via Appearance->Themes.

axiomuser

Thanks KAte for the response. I uploaded and activated the base theme and added add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode'); to the end of the functions.php file in the base theme files. I then added my shortcode to the widget and no luck.

catrina

Can you post a link to your site and point out which widget is supposed to have the shortcode?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse