Sign in to follow this  
snfdesigns

moving search bar

snfdesigns

i find whitehouse pro not as user friendly as platform pro but have a lot of issues resolved through this forum. My problem is the search bar on my websites needs to be above the header which was easy to do in platform pro; would also live to add an rss feed above header too.

snfdesigns

search bar and rss subscription feed in header. Really basic knowledge of the workings of css so be kind!!!

kastelic

Try something like: #sidesearch{ position:absolute; top:-86px; right:100px; }

snfdesigns

Thanks Jimmy does this go in the custom code section in whitehousepro. Also need the rss email subscription box in header too. Many thanks once again

snfdesigns

Hi Jimmy It didnt work can you help please as I have to have this finished by wednesday. many thanks

cmunns

I don't think the css hack is the best way to do it anyway. Edit your header.php file and add this `pagelines_searchform()` play with positioning as needed.

snfdesigns

where do i add this in the header.php file?

cmunns

try right before this: `

`...otherwise just experiment with it.

snfdesigns

I added the code Jimmy gave me and it worked. Thank you so much. How do I get it to appear on every page.

cmunns

If the sidebar search didn't appear on all pages then obviously when you move it up you get the same result as a different search is used on other pages. You can get it on every page if you add to the header.php file.

snfdesigns

all code added has been done through the whitehousepro panel...css rules. would i add the code here

catrina

Only CSS can be placed in CSS rules. You'll need to add the code Adam provided to the header.php file

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

snfdesigns

thanks. Just one other related topic; i need to move the rss email subscriptio box (feedburner) which is also in the sidebar into the header. is it a matter of using the same code but omitting the word 'sidesearch' for something else.

catrina

Yes, it's a matter of changing the CSS selector to

#text-41 div.widget_text div.winner

and changing some of the CSS so that it's positioned correctly.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

snfdesigns

doesnt seem to work

snfdesigns

#text-41 div.widget_text div.winner { position:absolute; top:-86px; right:100px; }

snfdesigns

I subscribed to google feedburner and then added to the text widget section

snfdesigns

Hi Catrina This was the html code from google <form style="border:1px solid #ccc;padding:3px;text-align:center;" action="http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify" method="post" target="popupwindow" onsubmit="window.open('http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=co/AyYU', 'popupwindow', 'scrollbars=yes,width=550,height=300');return true"><p>Enter your email address:</p><p><input type="text" style="width:110px" name="email"/></p><input type="hidden" value="co/AyYU" name="uri"/><input type="hidden" name="loc" value="en_US"/><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" /><p> RSS Email Subscription</p></form>

catrina

I think an easier way to put the code in the header would be to physically put it there. If you want to put it in the parent header file, you can, but when you upgrade the theme, the file will be overwritten and you'll need to add the code again unless you use a child theme (child themes are explained here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes).

Designer | Catrina Dulay

snfdesigns

thanks catrina will give it a go