Sign in to follow this  
create180design

universal sidebar pushing out on main frame

create180design

Hi there, I don't know if you guys can help me with this, but if you can, it would be totally awesome! Here's my problem: I added my universal sidebar to my header as a text area and entered in my custom css code the following specs: #sidebar_universal { position:absolute; left:550px; top:60px; z-index: 2; } It works fine, however, the problem comes in when viewing the site on my IPAD- instead of the site spanning the full width of the screen, it only spans 2/3. When I remove the universal sidebar, the problem goes away, so I know that that is where the issue lies. Is there additional code that I can add to fix this problem? For those with IPADs the two websites I'm using this for is www.personalinjurykissimmee.com and www.aplestimating.com. Thank you,

kastelic

Have you tried using percentages like:

left:80%;

kastelic

Have you tried percentages, like:

left:75%;

create180design

I tried it but it had no effect on it. Anything else I can try?

cmunns

try this css: ` body { width:100%; overflow-x:hidden; } `

create180design

I tried it, and no luck. still giving me the same issue.

create180design

Tried that too. Didn't work.

timlinson

Try these rules with `!important` added to the end, e.g. ` body { width:100% !important; overflow-x:hidden !important; } ` and so on

create180design

OK. I tried that and I'm not getting anything different. Just to make sure the Ipad wasn't saving old code (I don't even know if it can) I removed the universal sidebar from the top and reloaded the site on the IPAD. It filled the full screen. I added the universal sidebar back in and reloaded. Unfortunately, it shrunk the site again. I can select the universal sidebar and the "copy" option highlights the section showing that it still shows a long box that extends past the body.

catrina

Is there an alternative to the universal sidebar that you'd want to use if the sidebar keeps behaving this way?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

create180design

Hi, I'm still having this issue and still don't know how to resolve this. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you!

catrina

Hm, I wish I had an iPad to test this on, but is it only the universal sidebar that does this? Have you tried other sidebars?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

create180design

I have not tried other sidebars on the top area there. I've used up all my other sidebars within the rest of the site.