Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

TNG genealogy within WordPress Nav Bar

cvandyck

Ok, so I know that you folks have answered a lot of great "how to" questions! So I have got a stumper for you if you would like to give me some insight... (This might be too difficult but it would be great if this is within someones capabilities!). I am using a plugin called TNG which does some very interesting things for genealogy. It is integrated in with Wordpress pretty well except for one thing. Take a look at the following url: http://vandyckfamily.org/tng/ .. and you will notice that it is now outside the framework of my webpage/site... so when you go to it, there isn't a convenient way back (ie.. the wordpress nav bar)... .. Per TNG, it is supposed to sub the TNG page for a WP, but it doesn't work .. Do you have any ideas?

catrina

Have you already tried changing the permalink structure in Settings > Permalinks? (An error pops up when I use the default structure...)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

cvandyck

I don't actually understand what Permalinks do .... How would I change them , and what would I change them to?

catrina

When you change the permalink structure, you change the format of the URL. According to the plugin, it's not accepting a certain permalink structure when I try to work with it. It's a problem that's separate from your own, though. Perhaps somewhere in the plugin code there's a way to customize the look of the page, but it's going to take some time to make the right adjustment and it might cause some problems. You can try contacting the plugin creator to ask if this is a common problem and what the solution might be.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse