Sign in to follow this  
thebooksmugglers

Sidebars Displaying Incorrectly on Home Page

thebooksmugglers

Hi folks, I've just installed PlatformPro and it looks great... except for one small problem. On my blog homepage, my two sidebars are being moved to beneath the post content area. http://www.thebooksmugglers.com This is only happening on my home page, however. Each individual post page, and the "Previous Posts" pages show sidebars in the correct location to the right of the main content area. I've read through the docs and searched through the topics here, but cannot find any answers! It seems very strange to me that the problem is only happening on the landing page, but every other page on my site is working just fine. I haven't added any custom CSS or HTML, and I have been through the layout editor multiple times making sure that none of my "hide by default" boxes are checked. Please help!

catrina

I checked and it doesn't appear to be a width issue. What happens when you switch your layout mode so that there is one sidebar on each side or even just one sidebar on the right side?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

What if you change your design mode from blog layout to magazine mode (in Design Control)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thebooksmugglers

No dice - the "clips" are working fine, everything looks great on page 2, but the home page still isn't working.

catrina

Hmmm, strange. Do you have any plugins you can deactivate? Just want to eliminate that possibility before going on to others...

Designer | Catrina Dulay

thebooksmugglers

AHA! I deactivated plugins, cleared w3 cache and reinstalled, and the problem has disappeared. Thank you so much for your help, Catrina!