Sign in to follow this  
mallorcanytt

Does PlatformPro work with bbPress 2.0?

mallorcanytt

Hi I now use the Platform Forum theme and bbPress 1.3 I want to move to the new bbPress 2.0 plugin instead. What is Pagelines take on this? 1. Is there a theme developed for the new bbPress version so i can use the new forum plugin with PlatformPro? 2. If not is Platform Forum going to be updated for bbPress 2.0?

Simon

We will look at supporting the plugin, after it is finished. Latest stable is still 1.0.3

netprotector31
Has there been any update to this. When I am using BBPress 2.0, Platform Pro seems to use my blog posts for formatting. This is causing an issue because it is showing the comments section and author info below the forum topics. I don't want to turn those off because I want commenting on the blog.

Rob
That seems to be a matter of the settings for the bbPress plugin which are a bit more complex than one might expect. They require very careful reading and application of changes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jankowalski
Latest stable is 2.0 now, any instrucion for that?

Rob
Yes. Read the instructions on the plugin page, and carefully read each option in the plugin's settings before acting on them. That's the secret.

jankowalski
are you refring to this? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress/installation/ i ve done everything but i still have platformforum.zip pack and have no idea what to do with that!

jankowalski
Oh, great i spent 65$ and there is no support on this forum... My forum works perfectly with default theme, but with platform pro there is no forum index.

jankowalski
i aslo have this notice Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress.

Rob
Jan, I've updated the docs you referenced earlier in this post just yesterday. I apologize, but I'm unclear why you're having this problem. Could you repost the link to your site so I can take a look? Also, please note that if you've uninstalled bbPress as either a plugin OR the older manual installation, it leaves tables full of content in the database that will need to be either edited or removed entirely (the tables marked bb_ ). Please try going to your Permalinks settings and without changing anything, just Save them. See if this works. It may not, but sometimes it has an effect. Also, if you are using any cache plugins, clear the cache. What happens is that one installation will establish paths, URLs and links that the new installation may not use, which could explain your errors. Please try the new instructions provided in our Docs. They took me hours to craft and I hope they help you.