Sign in to follow this  
glynt

Adding a forum... which one?

glynt

Hi all, I have decided that I want to add a forum to my site, but I am not sure which one. On the PlatformPro Setting welcome page there is a link to a free one - BuddyPress, and in my Pagelines account there are several paid for options such as iForum, Platform Forum etc.... Any advice on why I might choose one over another?? Many thanks, Glyn

catrina

In a superficial sense, if you like the look of this support forum, I recommend the forum that is available in the paid developer edition. If you're not willing to pay, however, you can use BuddyPress. They're bother quite similar, just set up differently.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

glynt

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your reply. Any drawbacks to the free one? Or any benefits worth the cash for the paid one that you know of? Thanks, Glyn

catrina

Since I've never used BuddyPress before (I'm only familiar with bbPress, since it's used for this support forum), I can't say, but you can look here for better insight: http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/bbpress-vs-buddypress-or-in-addition-to-it-a-newbie-has-questions

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse