Sign in to follow this  
jsilva7765

Redirect User after Registration?

jsilva7765

I tried to find plugin to do this but was unsuccessful. I am using a membership system and after registration it redirects them to there dashboard profile. How can I change the redirection path after registration. All I want is them to go back to the home page or the page they were at before selecting register. Any ideas?

jsilva7765

I am currently using Platform Pro and WP-Member.

catrina

Are there any settings for that plugin that permits you to change where the user goes?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jsilva7765

No it looks like after the user registers it just passes them on through the normal WP Registration process then redirects them to the dashboard. I know there should be some where to change the redirect path. I looked in the wp-login.php file but I couldn't really make sense of where I would need to change.

catrina

Changing the wp-login.php file directly may not be the solution you're looking for since adjusting it might cause other problems. Does the plugin have code you can look into and edit?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jsilva7765

Yes and no, the plugin uses a Cube something for encryption. So 90% of the plug files are encrypted so the code is useless. Do you know any plugin's that may all me to re-direct? I looked into Peters Redirection but it doesn't allow you to change what happens after a user registers only when they attempt to login.

catrina

There is this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/register-plus/ and if that one doesn't suit your needs, there's this list of more: http://www.webdesignlessons.com/5-member-registration-wordpress-plugins/

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Simon

There is a filter: `registration_redirect` the default is wp-login.php?checkemail=registered so you could try: `add_filter( 'registration_redirect', create_function( '', 'return "hxxp://mynewurl";' );` Replace the url...untested...

jsilva7765

Hi Simon, Thanks for the code unfortunately I am not savvy enough with PHP yet. Where would I put that code or what would I replace?

Simon

if you have platformbase activated, then add it to platformbase/functions.php