Sign in to follow this  
kowski

Change position of Google +1 and Twitter button

kowski

Hi there, I would love that the google+1 and twitter button are shown directly underneath the facebook like plugin. Could you guys please help me to achieve that ? thank you so much in advance url: www.nomoremindgames.de lF1FC.png

Simon

PlatformPros does not have a google+1 button, or facebook like, you must be using a plugin.

kowski

yes, it is a plugin and I'd like it to show up directly underneath the facebook like plugin.

Simon

Have you contacted the plugin author?

kowski

i used this code: function plusone(){ if(function_exists('display_social4i')) echo display_social4i("large","float-right","s4_fbshare"); } add_action('pagelines_after_sharebar', 'plusone'); but now it's displayed directly above the facebook plugin. what can I do to display it just right underneath it. Which hook do I have to use ? thanks in advance for your help

catrina

Ah, it's next to the Tweet button in the sharebar but the Facebook like button isn't apart of the sharebar, so you'll need a different hook. Try pagelines_loop_after_post_content.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kowski

it is now located here and only shows one button TtnVV.png

catrina

Change the hook back to pagelines_after_sharebar and then let me know when the change was made. Using CSS to change its position would probably be better.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kowski

thx so much catrina. i just changed it back

catrina

Add this to your custom CSS:

div.socialicons {float:left;margin-left: 320px; margin-top: -380px;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kowski

To the custom css of the plugin or the theme itself ?

Kate

Apply that code to your theme's CSS itself. Could be style.css in your Base theme (or base.css in older versions), or directly to Custom Code->CSS in the settings panel.

kowski

Thank you so much catrina and kate. The plugin is now shown exactly where i want to, but unfortunately it only displays one button of the two . Could you help me with that too ? Thank you so much !!!

Kate

Hey Jakob, My guess is that has to do with the function call you got from the plugin developer. There may be a different one to display both. I would check with them on that. ;)

kowski

thanks a lot Katie :) now it displays both buttons but unfortunately they are displayed on top of each other :(SksWF.png

cmunns

Well it looks fine now but I don't see the twitter button anymore...did you remove it? Also, shouldn't the plugin have styles to correctly place items NOT on top of each other.?

kowski

Hi adam, yes I did remove the twitter button. Twitter isn'tpopular in Germany after all. I'll have a look at the homepage of the developer. Thanks for all your awesome help !!!