Sign in to follow this  
planitbs

Different number of columns on different pages?

planitbs

Hi there, I am developing a site using Platform Pro that has a section (page) that is to be a shopping cart, I use three columns on all pages but would like to remove the right column (sidebar2) and utilize this space when on the shopping page. So far I have tried hiding the content of the columns and hiding the columns on the specific page I am using... Unfortunately even though the content of the third column vanishes the space where the column was is still empty and my main content does not flow in to it. So my question is, is there a way to hide a column and increase the width of the main content on "one page only"? Thank you in advance Mike

bevj

a page specific css {display:noe" shoudl work but first try changing the page meta data at the bottom of each page//post, that usually works for me http://screencast.com/t/2ZHtNeEdl hopefully this helps, Bevj

mandosdesign

Hi Mike I have exactly the same issue where on my Contacts page I have the Contact form (widget) on the left but on the right all I want to do is place in my actual contact details... I have tried everything. Setting the default layout to two column / sidebar right... I'm so frustrated by this simple thing beating me... deadlines are ticking closer. www.mandosdesign.com for visual reference.

catrina
So my question is, is there a way to hide a column and increase the width of the main content on "one page only"?
Yes, you can hide the column in PageLines Section Control within the page editor and use CSS to stretch the main content for that one page.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

planitbs
Catrina - Yes, you can hide the column in PageLines Section Control within the page editor and use CSS to stretch the main content for that one page.
I can hide the column on the page editor but can't find a way to use css to expand the column, the page is called "/store" but the cart plugin means that when you click on a product it comes up as "/store#ecwid:category=1343407&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal". Is there a simple way to make a CSS column override work only on those pages?

planitbs

As a temporary resolution I have managed to shrink the text on the page so the width doesn't make the text overlap elements, it's not ideal but it's the only thing I could do in the meantime.

Kate

Hey Michael, Check out the body tag of the store page. It should have a page specific ID generated (as a class) in the body tag. You can use that to write more specific CSS rules.