Sign in to follow this  
blu330ciracer

How Do I Add an affiliate banner to the top right of my website

blu330ciracer

Hello Forum members, I am having a bit of trouble getting accustomed to the new theme i've downloaded "platform". But overall I am happy. I am using a fixed width layout for my website and I was wondering how do I add an affiliate banner to the top right side of my website. I want the affiliate banner to be to the right of the content that exists on my website. Thank you so much for your help

catrina

If you have a sidebar enabled on the right, you can add a banner in there. What does the banner look like? Is it a vertical or horizontal image?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

blu330ciracer

It is a square sized picture that is perfect size for the sidebar, its not vertical or horizontal - but square. Thank you for your reply but I am just really new to the pagelines platform pro and I am having a hard time understanding how to do basic things. I do not know how to enable a sidebar. Could you perhaps tell me which box I click on when I am in my pagelines wordpress dashboard? Do I click on banners and boxes? because when I created a banner in the pagelines banner area - it created a banner that took up an entire horizontal slide and then all my content was way below my banner. It doesn't look very professional so I would like to have my content start on the top left and I want to add my banner to the right of the content. Thank you so much for your help

catrina

The banner area isn't what you're looking for, so you can ignore that for the time being. To enable the text widget in the sidebar (where you can place your banner): 1. On your Dashboard, go to Widgets (in the Appearance box). 2. On the left side where there are a bunch of widgets, drag Text Widget to the Primary Sidebar box on the right. It should pop up in that box. Once you've performed the steps above, you'll need to upload the banner image you have to the Media Library (unless you've done that already) and I can give you further instructions on what to do. Can you post a link to your site so I can see what it looks right now?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

blu330ciracer

THank you so much for the step by step help - you really helped me a lot. I found the widgets option in the appearnace box and I have dragged the text widget to the primary sidebar box on the right. But after I did that - I just made a title for the text widget that I added and I do not know how to put an image in that text widget box. Do I need to use some certain html for the text widget box? I have uploaded a few images through media 0 - but I have no idea what to do next when it comes to using the text widget and importing the image into the text widget. I am almost ashamed at the way my website looks now - but as you can see my content is the last thing on the page, and the banner is on the top right of the website.... Additionally, all the space to the left of the banner is completely blank (as if the banner takes up all the horizontal space. I would like my content to get put first and the banner to be to the right of the content. Here is my website... www.flirtingwithcollegegirls.com

catrina

To add the image to the text widget, you need to upload it first. You can upload it to Media Library (on the Dashboard). Once you've done that, you can follow these steps: 1. Copy the full image URL for it (it's available in the Media Library page). It should look something like this: http://YOURWEBSITEURL.com/wp-uploads/date/FILENAME.extension (it may not look exactly like this, but it looks similar) 2. In the text widget you created, add this HTML: `YOURFULLIMAGEURLHERE` ^ Paste the image URL as indicated above. 3. Save the widget and refresh the site. The image should be in there.

Designer | Catrina Dulay