Sign in to follow this  
theseoguy

Sidebar to the left

theseoguy

Howdee gents! This should be q uick one for you... All I want is to move my sidebar from right to left. Doing this seemed straight-forward until some images stayed behind on the right. Would you be so kind as to please indicate all the areas in the style.css file that need to be change to make the sidebar look natural to the left? Much appreciate your wonderful assistance. Kind regards,

theseoguy

Hey axolotl! Thanks for the quick response... I'm using Whitehouse. theSEOguy

cmunns

You can float #maincontent to the right, however, the background images are going to get displaced and you'll have to tweak these as well. We will be adding a left-sidebar template to the next version of WHP coming out soon.

sanjib

Hiya Would you be able to give a date as to when the next version of this theme is coming out.......keep up the good work, this template is awesome..we all really appreciate all your efforts!!:) Cheers Sanjib

cmunns

I do not want to give an actual date, but....I will say that it is coming in the next few weeks

mindsovermedia

working on a site with WH Pro, and also would like to move the sidebar to the left.

cmunns

There are many things that have to be adjusted, especially background images. I recommend upgrading when we release the new version so you don't risk messing up other stuff on the site or hassling with various background images. When did you purchase the current version?

sanjib

Hi With White House 3, can you tell me how I can set the settings so my default the sidebar appears on the left on all pages...Thanks Sanjib

sanjib

also, on the blogs page, I have put the sidebar option to the left but it still keeps appearing on the right...thanks

cmunns

to make it a global option we can just add a little code, or you can wait for the release of the next patch/update... If you add this to your config_options.php: ` 'sidebar_layout' => array( 'version' => 'pro', 'type' => 'select', 'selectvalues'=> array( 'default'=> 'Right', 'left' => 'Left' ), 'inputlabel' => 'Sidebar Side (optional - default right)', 'exp' => 'Select the side of the page you would like the sidebar to show up (this page only - defaults to right).' ), ` (add it just underneath this bit of code: ` 'sidebar_options' => array( 'the_sidebar' => array( 'version' => 'pro', 'default' => 'default', 'type' => 'radio', 'selectvalues'=> array( 'default'=> 'Main Sidebar', 'secondary' => 'Secondary Sidebar', 'short' => 'Short Sidebar' ), 'inputlabel' => 'Select Sidebar (optional)', 'title' => 'Default Sidebar', 'shortexp' => 'Select the default and posts page sidebar mode', 'exp' => 'Each sidebar has its own visual style. See the theme demo for examples of each.' ), ` then in the header.php make sure this line of code reads exactly as below: `

` (without the "m_" in front of pagelines)

sanjibm108gmailcom

Hi, I have the latest version of WHP and have the code from above, but now want to have the sidebar on the left hand side as a default option. I tried removing the above code but it keeps giving an error message, can you tell me what I should do... below is a copy of my config_options file as it is now.. thanks EDIT BY MODERATOR: PasteBin File for code is located here: http://wordpress.pastebin.com/jgPvbGSn

Anthony Luth

ummm, just a suggestion but you may want to utilize a pastebin on this... Wordpress Pastebin

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

Wordpress Developer | Programmer | Enthusiast

@tonyluth | http://www.luthwedding.com

Anthony Luth

ummm, just a suggestion but you may want to utilize a pastebin on this... Wordpress Pastebin

Use PageLines Drag & Drop Framework and WordPress to build professional websites faster, easier and better than ever before.

sanjibm108gmailcom

thanks, yeh it is difficult to read otherwise for sure:) but i still need someone to help me move the sidebar to the left...

bryan-hadaway

Can we get a link to your website? Thanks, Bryan

sanjibm108gmailcom

Hi Bryan thanks, my site is www.mywisdomclub.com thanks!

Anthony Luth

Nicely done Sanjib, just out of curiosity, but how did you do the overview?

bryan-hadaway

It's as simple as adding this: `#maincontent{float:right}` to: Custom Code > Custom CSS That's it. Thanks, Bryan

sanjibm108gmailcom

Thanks Bryan:) Hi Anthony.... the overview is just a normal page, whilst the other categories are all blog post categories... I used the text widget to create my own menu links... this way I could mix pages with blog categories in the menu to get the horizontal line on the page, I just used the code

in the html coding.. hope this all helps, please ask again if I haven;t answered what you wanted:) cheers! you can email me at info@mywisdomclub.com aswell:)

cmunns

the code did not render. wrap it in ticks ` (above tab key)