Sign in to follow this  
alexb

iPad Mystery

alexb

Here's a frustrating mystery I'm hoping one of you nice people has encountered and solved. Whenever I upgrade Wordpress, my permissions get changed and my site falls over. My host company fixes them and then all is well again for a while (Not sure why this goes on but that's another story). The mystery is what happens with the display of the site on iPad and iPhone after the permissions problem is fixed. After the fix, I get two infinitely scrollable horizontal white lines at the bottom of all website pages that display only on iPad and iPhone. They do not even display in Safari when I set it to mimic an iPad display! If I do a clean install of WP and upload my backups then the problems go away until the next upgrade, but clearly I can't do that every time there's a WP upgrade! Is it a theme compatibility issue, or something more sinister? Anyone know of any code I can drop in the theme to make it iPad proof? If anyone reading has an iPad and wants to see the problem first hand, please go to: www.alexbulgo.com Many thanks Alex

cmunns

your account has been suspended on the host/

flourishdesignstudio

I am also having issues on my iPad. I've posted this in another thread... Pagelines, please help! I don't know how to fix this and my client is not happy.

flourishdesignstudio

My pages with issues: moosewoodcooks.com and jerrydellfarm.com

cmunns

I'm closing this thread in favor of the other posts already mentioned about the ipad problem