Sign in to follow this  
alexb

3 Problems solved, 1 remains!

alexb

A productive day getting my blog page to look how I want it. One problem is frustrating me however, and maybe an expert out there knows a fix: Here's a sample page: http://alexbulgo.com/jeff-koons/ All is well except the dummy replies from myself. Try as I might I cannot: Align the text left, make it uppercase, change the color or the size..or in fact anything, since despite using Firebug to identify this text (it would seem to be comment form cite), I cannot change the css as it does not seem to appear in the Child Theme - or am I looking in the wrong place for the wrong thing? Anyway, any pointers greatly appreciated! AB

catrina

It might be the selectors in the CSS (or possibly the CSS styling itself) that's off. Can you paste what CSS you tried so that we can correct what's wrong?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alexb

Hi Catrina - thanks for the reply. I dug the following out using Firebug, amended it and pasted into the child theme css under 'Start Custom CSS here': .commentlist cite {font-style: normal; font-weight: regular; font-size: 14px; color: #e7e7e7; margin-left: -50px;} But no joy so far! AB

alexb

Please use the following link to see what I mean - sorry for confusion! alexbulgo.net/jeff-koons

cmunns

can you be more specific about exactly what you want to change? The name is indented because it's leaving room for a author image fyi

alexb

Thanks Adam. I guess then what I would like to change is remove the ident, align author name text with the metabar and comment, make the name regular weight rather than bold and change it's color. So far I have not been able to successfully identify the id of the elements involved it seems...

catrina

All of those elements have their own CSS and that entire block of information is contained in a DIV layer. Here are the CSS selectors for the elements: div.comment-author = "Author says..." element cite.fn = Author name span.says = "says" I hope this helps.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

alexb

Thanks Catrina. Sorry for so many rudimentary questions, am a bit of rookie at this. I am not sure if the fact that the information is within a div layer has implications about where and how I change the styling? For instance, would I place in the custom code, the child theme style sheet or elsewhere? I tried the following in custom code as an experiment, without success...

div.comment-author{font-size: 14px !important; margin-left: -40px !important;}

Alex

catrina

Hm, have you tried adding it to the child theme stylesheet instead? Also, I went to your site to check the code again but it says your account was suspended...?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

alexb

Yes am having server problems...but it's now here: http://alexbulgo.net/jeff-koons/ Tried the child theme style sheet, but as this element doesn't seem to appear in the stylesheet will adding it an amended line in there have any effect?

alexb

Problem solved! Added the following into the headerscripts custom code box: <STYLE type="text/css"> div.comment-author { margin-left: -82px; color: #e7e7e7; font-size: 12px; text-transform: lowercase; } </STYLE> <STYLE type="text/css"> cite.fn { color: #9ddaea; font-size: 14px; font-weight: 500; text-transform: uppercase; } </STYLE> Thanks for your help!