Sign in to follow this  
zeinab

bbPress integration

zeinab

Hi there, I have managed to install bbpress but it does not pick the platform them (www.strictlybloggers.com/forum/). I followed the instructions on the documentation http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums except the steps below. Do I need to do them or should this be done automatically? Uploading and Activating your bbPress Theme for the First Time: Uncompress the Forum file to access the theme and the plugins. Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory (i.e. ???platformforum??™). Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP. Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory (i.e. ???bbcode-buttons??™, ???bbpress-polls??™, etc). Upload all of the folders to the ???bb-plugins??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP. Activate the theme in the admin, under Appearance > Themes??¦ Activate the plugins in the admin, under Plugins > Installed.

cmunns

Yes you need to continue to follow the remaining steps, bbPress does not automatically come with the Platformforum theme.

zeinab

Thanks Adam.I am trying to follow the instructions, but I am unable to locate a ???ForumTheme??™ and ???ForumTheme??™ directory. How and where can I find these?

zeinab

Hi Christopher. I am not using the bbpres plugin. I uploaded the stand alone bbpress but I can't figure out how to integrate it with wordpress as I cannot the files ???ForumTheme??™ directory and ???ForumPlugins??™ directory. It would be great if someone could point out exactly where I can find these files. Thanks.

cmunns

You have to download them as part of the developer license for PlatformPro

zeinab

But I only purchased PlatformPro. What are my options then?How can I install the forum without having to purchase the developer license which I do not require at this stage?

catrina

Right now there is no other option unless you want to try installing a different forum from a plugin, but I'm not sure you'd want to do that.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

zeinab

OK, thanks everyone. I guess I need to get the Pro DEV version! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing then :-)