Sign in to follow this  
smaant

Removing footer from blog page

smaant

Hi, I have trying to remove footer from static page, which is used as "post page". But then I open page editing in PageLines Section Control I see: "Note: Individual page settings do not work on the blog page (use the settings panel)." What the settings panel means, and how to remove footer by using with panel?

Danny

Go to your post page for this example say its called blog in your admin panel, once on the edit page screen. On the right hand side underneath the Publish Page and Page attributes, there should be a section called "Pagelines Section Control" on there simply untick anything related to the footer.

Please search our forums, before posting!

smaant

Danny, thank you for your responce. However, if page is selected as "Posts page" in Settings->Reading->Posts page then PageLines Section Control says "Individual page settings do not work on the blog page". So I'm wondering is there another way or some workaround how to do it.

Danny

Yeah, sorry I forgot about that, instead do this Anton. Add the following code to custom code section in Pagelines settings:

body.blog #footer {display: none; }

FYI, if you use Firebug, when inspecting your site, the body is given a class, so in future reference, you can style each page like your blog post page. Simply replace the body.blog with the class thats given for that page, when viewing it through Firebug.

Please search our forums, before posting!

smaant

I'm newbie in WP, could you please describe where should I add this code?

smaant

Oh, yep, I got it! Thank you, it works! =)