Sign in to follow this  
camaleo

how to get two twitter widgets?

camaleo

Hi, I am using PlatformPro 1.5.1 and trying to get two twitter widgets (with the Twitter for Wordpress plugin). I setted 2 as "How many Twitter widgets would you like?" in my /wp-admin/widgets.php page but I still see onny one widget for the primary sidebar and cannot understand how to add the second one. Can anybody help? thanks!

Kate

Hi Ugo, In the left (actually middle) column of the Appearance->Widgets page, you should see the Twitter widget, which you can drag over to whichever widget area you want it.

cmunns

I know it's a stupid question but did you refresh the page?

camaleo

there are no stupid questions Adam, yes I refreshed the page before taking the screen shot

Kate

Hey Ugo, What happens if you select to have 3 widgets? (Not that it should make a difference, but I'm curious.)

camaleo

I see the point ;-) No difference at all :/

catrina

Are there any other plugins you have that you can deactivate one by one to see if they're causing a problem?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

camaleo
Are there any other plugins you have that you can deactivate one by one to see if they're causing a problem?
Deactivated all the plugins, the problem is still there :( Maybe the Twitter for Wordpress plugin needs an upgrade for WP3.2? I noticed the last update was made on 2009. Is there anyone else on WP3.2+PlatformPro 1.5.1 with the same issue?

Simon

The twitter plugin is broken, you are right it was last updated in 2009, im working on a fix

Simon

OK if you would be so kind as to test this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29858470/section.twitterbar.php Put it in the platform/sections folder. You will need to add this line to platformbase functions.php, in the sections part: `pagelines_register_section('TwitterBarTwo','twitterbar', null, array('child' => true) );` Then make sure you have the new twitterbar enabled in your template settings, the name is different you will know its the new one ;)

camaleo

Thank you for the code Simon. However the problem is within the sidebar, not the "morefoot" area where the tweets are correctly shown even without the code you sent. Please see the site: http://grandolini.com The morefoot area is fine, showing my latest tweet (I have not installed your modification yet on the production site). On the sidebar I would like to show tweets from two twitter accounts, unfortunately there is no way to get other widgets bars to drag from the "Available Widgets" area to the "Primary Sidebar" as you can see in the screen shot: http://imgur.com/C0GV7 I think the problem is within twitter.php in the widget_twitter_register function, will debug it when I have time, meanwhile if anyone finds out how to fix the code she/he will be more than welcome :)

Simon

Ahh right, well my code completly replaces the need for twitter-for-wordpress in the morefoot, sorry should have read the post better ;) What you are looking for is a limitation of the twitter plugin you are using. Authors have to code widgets in a specific way for them to be multi-widgets. Have you tried jet-pack? it has a useful twitter widget.