Sign in to follow this  
tiffanyhicks101

bbPress for PlatformPro Dev Only?

tiffanyhicks101

I'm confused... I purchased Platform Pro and thought I could integrate the bbPress forum as it is advertised on the "theme" page, but I seem to be having issues and now I noticed that the bbPress integration is only available with the "Developer" version of PlatformPro. Is this correct? If so, is this why I am having trouble getting the bbPress installer to auto start after I put the "Forum" folder into my root directory on my server? At the step that says go to your intended forum address and it the installer will guide you through the steps, it takes me to the bbPress login page and my login won't work (even though it works on WP and I understand they're the same). Any help is HUGELY appreciated. If I need to upgrade to Developer, I will--- just promise me it gets easier please! :)

cmunns

the bbPress theme that looks like PP is available with the dev version...although admittedly bbPress is not very fun regardless.

tiffanyhicks101

Thanks, Adam. I don't want to get a headache every time I try and work with bbPress. Can you recommend another forum plugin that works within my site?

cmunns

Some people have had success with vBulletin, but of course it requires a separate login...I'm not too well versed on forum software unfortunately.