Sign in to follow this  
flourishdesignstudio

Image in Featur Slider

flourishdesignstudio

Hi! I'm trying to get an image to show in my image slider on http://www.moosewoodcooks.com/home/ But, I have tried adding an image to the post, adding a featured image at the bottom of the right sidebar, and also uploading an image through the upload link down below in the pagelines section (Upload An Image For The Feature Media Area) within the post editing page. None of those options are working. This seems like it should be so simple!! Please help!

flourishdesignstudio

Also, shouldn't the slides link to the featured post? What am I doing wrong?

timlinson

Can you post all the css rules you're using that relate to the feature slider?

flourishdesignstudio

Hi Tim! It was a struggle getting the feature slider above the content, with the sidebar to the side of it. Maybe I messed it up that way. Maybe I should try another slider option, such as SlideDeck. Anyway, here's what I have so far (it may be ugly! ;) #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 350px; width: 680px; overflow:hidden } #feature_slider{width:680px; float: right; } .page-id-35 #sidebar-wrap{ margin-top:-330px; } #header { height: 175px; } #feature-area div.feature-wrap {background-image: url('http://www.moosewoodcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/moose.png');}

Kate

Hi Jacqueline, In this line:

#feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad 
delete this section:
#feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, 

Your images should appear after that. You may still need to play around with the styling a bit... seems like some content is still getting cut off.

flourishdesignstudio

Thanks so much, Kate! That worked! Now, is there a way to have the teaser that shows up in the feature slide link to the post automatically? Right now it doesn't link (although I saw that you can manually add a link when creating a post. But, it seems silly because you are actually linking to the post that you are working on.

cmunns

the features even when using posts as a source need to be fine tuned manually