Sign in to follow this  
chules

Wordpress 3.2 upgrade impact to BuddyPress and PlatformPro

chules

I'm trying to start a thread about the WP 3.2 upgrade impact to BuddyPress and those using PlatformPro. Today I upgraded my site and fortunately had taken a snapshot of the system before upgrading. One of the nice things about Amazon Web Services. After the upgrade I immediately notice that my menu drop downs were no longer functioning, the feature slider was not rotating between slides and thumbnails were not working and without the Dashboard the arrows to collapse and expand the widgets were not working as well. I disabled BuddyPress and everything started working again even after upgrading BuddyPres to 1.2.9. From what I have followed on the BuddyPress site their seems to be a JQuery conflict as WP 3.2 now uses JQuery v 1.6.1. At this point I see no definitive resolutions so if you find anything we could post here unless a moderator creates a topic. Thank you - Mark

Danny

I experienced the same thing, I think it's not buddypress but the buddypress template pack, when I had the plugin enabled drop down menus in the wp-admin was no longer working and a few plugins were no working as intended like Fancybox for Wordpress. When I disabled the buddypress template pack, everything worked fine.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chules

Danny, I tried that as well and it's the same for me. I have BuddyPress activated with BuddyPress template pack deactivated. Everything is working however deactivating the buddyPress template pack effectively renders BuddyPress useless on my site. All the links are at the bottom of the site now. How are you running your BuddyPress installation with PlatformPro. Thank you - Mark

muso2005

Great catch Danny. I just had the same problem, and deactivating BuddyPress template pack fixed it for me too!

Danny

@Mark, I used the Buddypress sliding admin panel and used the code thats on the readme.txt to disable the buddypress bar, as the sliding panel replaced it.

chules

Danny, I tried that plugin and it worked well but I had an issue with it on the bbpress forums displaying correctly. Are you using both Buddypress and bbpress? Thank you for the assistance. Mark

Danny

Sorry no, Im waiting for bbPress 2.0 to be released before I use it.

augemundial

Actually the Platform Pro admin panel stopped working for me.

augemundial

@Catrina no errors are shown, simply the sliding panels won't open. It seems like it's an issue with BP template pack, since when I deactivate it everything works as usual -except of course my theme stops supporting the BuddyPress features I need

augemundial

Ok, about the sliding issue with WP 3.2, it was solved when I updated BP to 1.2.9 :) <! Caution> Back-up all your modifications to Buddypress ;)

augemundial

Thanks Catrina, everything is Ok now.