Sign in to follow this  
bonngean

BBpress Problems

bonngean

Ok, I installed Pagelines Pro DEV version and my bbpress installation. I got the bbpress to show inside of my WP theme, but there's a problem. The forum is at: http://herodawn.com/forum/ I am currently working on the colors to make it match my WP pagelines theme and the posts show. But the problem is with the sidebar categories. They show on the menu but give me a blank page on the site. See here as example: http://herodawn.com/forum/forum/player-events I have a category of player events, with posts but it doesn't show up when I click the player events category. DEEP INTEGRATION asked me for the following line to be added to my bb-config.php page:

<?php
	require_once(dirname(__FILE__). '/../wp-load.php');
	/**
	 * The base configurations of bbPress.
	 * This file has the following configurations: MySQL settings, Table Prefix,
	 * Secret Keys and bbPress Language. You can get the MySQL settings from your
	 * web host.
	 * This file is used by the installer during installation.
	 * @package bbPress
	 */

But still getting the problem of my category posts to show. They show on the DEFAULT BBPRESS theme, why not on platform pros? ANY HELP would be appreciated. Thanks Bonnie

bonngean

Still no luck getting the PagelinesForum templates to work properly with my bbpress. This is super frustrating, to say the least. Can anybody help please?

bonngean

@Adam, They were automatically set by bbpress as the "default permalink structure" inside of bbpress admin area. It provides these choices: wS0YS.png I have changed it since your last post to coincide with what Pagelines uses here, but the forum categories still don't work. Talk about VERY frustrated by now. I upgraded specifically for the forum capability and wasted so much time on installing something that should have been a simple process. I need to have this rectified, if possible. Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it. -- Bonnie

bonngean

@Adam, And to make matters worse, people can't register to be a part of the forums either: http://herodawn.com/forum/register.php I would think when we figure out why the categories don't work, this may fix this problem too. What could I possibly be missing? Does this all have to do with the deep integration thing? OR perhaps my installation of the theme is inside the wrong directory? As it stands, my WP is installed in the ROOT directory of my domain name and bbpress is installed inside a directory named forum (which IS NOT inside wp-content) but inside of /public_html/ if that helps you. --Bonnie

christopher_a

I think the problem is that you are using the bbpress plug-in as opposed to bbpress forum installation? I'm having the same issues when I try using the plug with the redundant directories, in fact mine's even stranger with site/forums/forum/forum I'm guessing that the PageLines crew hasn't gotten around to the coding for the plug since it's still technically in beta (though already in the Wordpress plug directory). I'm hoping that Platform Pro will be updated at some point to be compatible, because the plug seems about a billion times less convoluted than the abandon-ware bbpress forum had become. The integration with Wordpress is completely painless, no more shared database hacks, and vastly fewer css styling issues. How about it Adam? Is bbpress plug-in support on the roadmap?

zeinab

@Bonnie: I am trying to do what you have done with your forum and having showing within the Platform theme. Did you follow the instructions below and where did you find these two directories: ForumTheme??™ directory and ???ForumPlugins??™ directory Uploading and Activating your bbPress Theme for the First Time: (instructions from http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums) Uncompress the Forum file to access the theme and the plugins. Find the theme folder located in the ???ForumTheme??™ directory (i.e. ???platformforum??™). Upload the folder to the ???bb-templates??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP. Find the plugin folders located in the ???ForumPlugins??™ directory (i.e. ???bbcode-buttons??™, ???bbpress-polls??™, etc). Upload all of the folders to the ???bb-plugins??™ directory in your bbPress install via FTP. Activate the theme in the admin, under Appearance > Themes??¦ Activate the plugins in the admin, under Plugins > Installed.

bonngean

@Christopher A, I am using the bbpress I was instructed to download from bbpress.org -- in the PDF file that was supplied to me when I purchased the upgrade from Pagelines. Pagelines supplied a PDF file which told me:

bonngean

@Zeinab, Yes, I followed the instructions on how to install bbpress (I watched the videos provided by Adam Munns) from: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/bbpress-forums. You asked me: "Did you follow the instructions below and where did you find these two directories: ForumTheme??™ directory and ???ForumPlugins??™ directory" At the time of purchasing the upgrade, there were (2) ZIP files provided in my Pagelines account. One of the zip files held the PagelinesForum theme files, the other offered the plugins. --Bonnie

bonngean

Well, I'm not patient enough to wait more than a day or so for a FIX. :) Determined this wasn't going to get the best of me, I deleted the installation and started over. This time I followed Adam's video -- to the "T" and I'm happy to say, I finally got the forums working! It's not 100% customized, but it's OK to use as is for now. Thanks to everybody who gave suggestions! -- Bonnie

zeinab

Thanks Bonnie. Glad to hear that your forums is now working. Hopefully I will have the same success shortly.