Sign in to follow this  
pcsmythe

Podcasting Plugin

pcsmythe

I've got the podcasting plugin installed and it works when I have the theme set not to show thumbnails and excerpts in the posts. But when I do set it for thumbnails and excerpts, the podcast stuff doesn't show in the post at all. Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too??”the podcasts and the theme set to show thumbnails and excerpts?

cmunns

Can you activate the plugin and the thumbs/excerpts and send us a live link so we can examine the code?

cmunns

It's not suitable to just have the feed link above the "running time"? I don't see any broken link at all in the code... Is there supposed to be an actual link underneath "running time"? thanks

pcsmythe

cmunns, Yep, there is a link under "running time." If the full page is shown without excerpts, it shows up no matter where it is in the post. If the excerpts are on, it totally disappears no matter where it is in the post.

cmunns

How you adding the link? Also, there are some missing tags for the "Similar Posts" header and list, which might be causing it to break.

pcsmythe

The podcasting plugin lets you put in podcast info like the url, time, author, etc. and then you push a "Send to editor" and it puts a link in brackets in the post. I've tried putting the podcast link in other parts of the post (well above the Similar Posts), but the result is the same??”totally invisible with the excerpts on. If I take the excerpts off, the post recognizes the podcast link and the text it allows you to put above and below it.

cmunns

Can you copy & paste what the resulting link in brackets looks like. I really need to see what code is being used to try and resolve this.

pcsmythe

I upgraded to iBlog4 and see that it's still doing (or rather, not doing) the same thing.

cmunns

So maybe the short code isn't rendering correctly. Can you show give me a link to the plugin your using, i'll try to debug it on my system if possible