Sign in to follow this  
jeffjani

Adding WP loginout and register links

jeffjani

I am trying to display the standard WP <?php wp_register(); ?> and <?php wp_loginout(); ?> links on the right side of the header above the social icons The links are currently added to my site, but display on the upper left above the site logo Site link is: http://buzz.esigndocs.com Thanks

Kate

Hi Jeff, Do you want them to display at the top right? If so, try something like this:

.headerlinks{width:960px;margin:0 auto;list-style-type:none;text-align:right;padding-right:10px;}

jeffjani

Thanks, Kate. This is the code that I added to the header.php file after the div id=header <ul class="headerlinks"> <?php wp_register(); ?> <?php wp_loginout(); ?> Where do I add the code that you suggested? Sorry I am pretty new to this.

jeffjani

I am now lost. I am getting the following error. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/jeffjan1/public_html/buzz/wp-content/themes/platformpro/functions.php on line 20 And my site is now down :(

jeffjani

I copied the functions.php file from another WP instance and got the site back. Still lost on how to get my login links into the header though

timlinson

What was the hook code you tried that gave the syntax error?

jeffjani

This is what I think I am suppose to add to the functions.php file: add_action('pagelines_branding_icons_end', 'add_loginout_to_branding'); function add_icons_to_branding(){ After that I need help with where/what I add as the CSS code Thanks!

catrina

Did you get the links working in the right position? Once that's taken care care of, the CSS can be implemented. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jeffjani

No, they appear, but still appear on the upper left of the page. I would like for the to be on the same line on the right side of the page at the same level as the logo. Here is my page: http://buzz.esigndocs.com

Kate

Hey Jeff, Under Settings->Custom Code->Custom CSS, you can add the code I posted above. Let us know if you need anything else.