Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Magazine layout, post thumbs full width of layout, title underneath?

Danny

Hi, Is it possible when using the Magazing layout to have the post thumb the full width of the area and the title of the post underneath the image? Like so: znknrm.jpg Thanks Danny

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kate

Hi Danny, You would have to modify the width of the thumbnails (Settings->Media), and then perhaps also the CSS. If you have a link to your site, we can help you out more easily.

Danny

Its locally at the moment :(

Please search our forums, before posting!

catrina

Are you familiar enough with CSS (and possibly Firebug) for us to explain what you could possibly do?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

motionltd

I am wondering exactly the same thing. I have managed to move the thumbs to the top of the box in the CSS, and adjust the padding. But I can't work out how to make the thumbs bigger. I should imagine I should not size them in NextGen Gallery because I actually need bigger thumbs for the 2 top posts. So I need to different sized thumbs. Here is the site if you need to take a look. Cheers Ben www.motor69.com

Ben

motionltd.com

Kate

Hey Ben, If you need two different sized thumbs, then the easiest thing to do would be to set the thumbnail size (in Settings->Media for WP, or in Settings->Thumbnails for NextGen) to the size of the larger thumbnail. Then you can resize the images with CSS for the smaller ones.

motionltd

Thats Kate, thats great. I can't find which CSS file the values reside in though. Can't find it in the main 'styles.css'. Any ideas? Cheers Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

Just dawned on me. Would it need to be a custom CSS rule?

Ben

motionltd.com

cmunns

Yes you can apply your own there. Look at the Chrome Developer TOolbar or FireBug add-on for FireFox to help you pinpoint the selectors.