Sign in to follow this  
porterblakfirecom

Sidebar on Posts Pages

porterblakfirecom

I cannot figure out how to get sidebars to appear on my posts pages. I am using The Events Calendar plugin to create post event pages dynamically. How do I edit the dynamically created pages to include sidebars?

timlinson

When you go to Template Setup, select the sidebars in question from the dropdown menu and click "Advanced Setup." Make sure that you don't have the "hidden by default" checkboxes selected.

porterblakfirecom

Thanks. I checked that, and nothing is hidden by default. I don't see an option to apply a certain template to the single post pages when I go in to edit each post. I see that option on my static pages, but not on my single post pages. When I go to the bottom of the edit screen, i see the option to change the content layout mode for the post page, but it has no effect. Here is an example of what I am seeing: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/?p=257 I need to put a sidebar on the single post pages. Also, on the multiple post pages, it looks like there is a sidebar there, but I can't seem to get any content into it via the widgets menu. Here is an example of what I am seeing: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/category/events/ Thanks.

Kate

Hi Porter, Under Settings->Template Setup->Single Pages do you have the sidebar brought over (activated) from the right column to the left?

porterblakfirecom

The Universal Sidebar? Yes.

catrina
it looks like there is a sidebar there, but I can't seem to get any content into it via the widgets menu.
When you drag widgets in that sidebar, does nothing show up in the sidebar or are they there and nothing shows up?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

porterblakfirecom

They are there and nothing shows up. On the multiple post page, it looks likes there is a column of blank space where a sidebar should be, but nothing shows up there even though I have widgets in my primary, secondary, tertiary and universal sidebars. Here is the link to the multiple post page: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/category/events/ On the single post page, the post spans the full width of the page and will not display a sidebar, even though I have selected one sidebar on the right in the template and the individual post page. Hre is the link to the single post page: http://thevigilantinvestor.com/?p=274

catrina

What layout mode is selected in Layout Editor? Also, make sure the sidebar isn't set to hide in your post page in Pagelines Section Control.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

porterblakfirecom

The layout mode is one sidebar on right. The section control says the same thing for single post pages, one sidebar on right. No sidebar is showing up on the single post pages, rather the post is spanning the full width of the page. I AM in fact seeing one sidebar on right on the multiple posts page; however, it is not displaying anything. My understanding of CSS is that is a visibility problem, right? If is not visible, then it will take up space but not display anything, which is what is happening on this page http://thevigilantinvestor.com/category/events/ If it were a problem of something being hidden, then the sidebar space would not even be there. That sounds like what is happening on this page http://thevigilantinvestor.com/?p=274. However, I checked and nothing is hidden in the section control.

porterblakfirecom

This is what I have in the Custom CSS section for my site: div.fheading {margin-top: -25px;} #feature_slider .fcontent { width: 25%; } #feature_slider .fmedia { width: 67%; } #feature_slider .text-right .fcontent .ftext { float: left; font-size: 12px; height: 300px; line-height: 1.5em; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px 0px; } a.pagelines-blink .pagelines-blink-pad, a.soapbox_link .soapbox_link-pad, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link { border-color: #FFFFFF transparent transparent #FFFFFF; border-right: 1px solid transparent; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; display: block; padding: 5px 7px; } a.pagelines-blink.black-blink .pagelines-blink-pad, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link { border-left: 1px solid #444444; border-top: 1px solid #444444; } a.pagelines-blink.black-blink, #feature_slider .fcontent a, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #111111; border-color: #111111 #000000 #000000 #111111; border-right: 1px solid #000000; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; color: #CCCCCC; text-shadow: none; } .banner_container .banner-area { padding: 0px 0; } div.dcol_container_2 {margin-top: -100px;}

catrina

Maybe it has something to do with the way you're adding the calendar on that page. Maybe the CSS for that calendar is interfering with how the sidebar is working.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

porterblakfirecom

You are probably right. It has something to do with The Events Calendar widget, because I am not having this problem on my other post pages at all. They all behave normally. Guess I will have to go into The Events Calendar PHP files and figure it out. Sigh... :-)