Sign in to follow this  
alexb

Comment form on blog page

alexb

Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible to put the comment form for a full blog entry on the main blog page? Obviously you can have it on single post pages, but so far adding it to a full entry on the blog page has defeated me! Essentially I want my blog page to behave like a single post page with the latest post in full with comment box and then archives in the sidebar. See below for example of a single pst page for an idea of how I'd like the main blog page to look (only dummy text at the moment!) Many thanks Alex

catrina

You can make the home page a static page by going to Settings > Reading and selecting a page you'd like to display. You just have to make sure that page has the comment form enabled (Discussion > Allow Comments).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alexb

Thanks Catrina. I don't want to make the blog page the home page. Rather I just want to be able to add the comments from to the blog page...

alexb

That should have read add the comments form to the blog page

Simon

you want each post on the blog page, to have all its comments shown as well? Like P2?

alexb

Don't know what P2 is I'm afraid. But yes, I'd like the most recent post to display in full, including any comments and the comment form on the blog page. I know I can set it to display in full, the question is can I enable the comment form on the Blog page once it is selected as my posts page in Wordpress...

Simon

them comment form is not normally on the blog page, its normally on the post page. Here is an example of how P2 does it, and you can see whats its like when the are many posts. http://p2reloaded.com/