Sign in to follow this  
tmighell

Blog Posts in Features on Static Home Page

tmighell

Hi - new PP user here, and still feeling my way around. I've been searching the forum for posts on how to have my most recent blog posts appear as Features on my static home page, but so far I haven't found an explanation that I can understand. Can anyone point me to either a previous forum post or some other help on how to accomplish this?

kastelic

Look in PlatformPro Settings -> Feature Settings -> Feature Post Source and choose Use Post Category. Then make a new category, say "featured", and assign any posts you want to that category (in their individual post edit screens).

tmighell

I saw that, and understand how that works. But there's no way to have the Features automatically pull my last five posts? If not, sounds like when I draft a post, I'll have to assign it a "Feature" category in addition to the real category.....

catrina

That is correct. You can get rid of the category you have if that "Feature" category is created (unless you need that category you already have).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse