Sign in to follow this  
missyjknox

Splash Page vs. Static Page

missyjknox

Hello, I have a few questions that hopefully don't require separate topics: 1. Are these two pages one in the same? I read and followed these instructions, and am trying to accomplish what is on the opening page of this website where you click on the image and it takes you to a designated page: WEBSITE EXAMPLE 2. Is there a plugin required to accomplish #1? 3. Please link me to a post to accomplish #1 for I do not know the appropriate search terms. Thanks.

kastelic

I guess the gist I get from that other post is you set a certain page template for your home page that has the splash content you want and just hide the rest via CSS.

missyjknox

Jimmy, that is correct. Eventually the existing header and nav menu will be removed from the home page.

missyjknox

I've studied the CSS for this page of which I'm trying to design the hover effect. I've also read this article. The concept I am trying to get is how was this image aligned over this image to create the hover?

missyjknox

Is CSS Sprite the answer to all above?

missyjknox

I found this tutorial by Bryan Hadaway to be much easier to follow. However, I have a few of questions: 1. Where do I put the XHTML code; 2. What does the ".hov" represent in Bryan's initial CSS (link, image or section of page); and 3. Is an upload plugin required as noted in Bryan's as linked above?

missyjknox

Adding to my questions above, do I need to create an additional class or id tag with XHTML? Using this generator the hover works perfectly with this info: Image 1 - HomeText.png Image 2 - HomeTextHover.png Link - http://acedoubleyou.com/?page_id=1465 I just need to know what to extract from the code generated and how to manipulate the XHTML for my site, if necessary.

kastelic

YOu don't need to add any new class or id, you can do this all within the CSS just by targeting the elements that are there using the classes and id's already available. For example if you look at the body tag for any given page you will see all kinds of classes that are unique to that page. Use those to precede any rule and you can target specific pages.