Sign in to follow this  
veronica

Previous Entries Link in Blog Broken

veronica

Hello, At the url here: http://www.canadianpaidsurveys.com/blog/ if you scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Previous Entries", the link is broken. I had this same problem on another site and it rectified itself somehow, but this time around it continues to be a problem.

kastelic

Have you changed any template files, and what do you have set for Settings->Permalinks?

veronica

I have: /%category%/%postname%/ under "custom structure" for both websites. No, the template files have not been touched.

kastelic

have you deactivated all plugins?

veronica

If I do that, will I lose all of my settings and content within the plugins?

kastelic

no, only if you delete. Deactivating is safe.

veronica

Yes, "blog" is a category.

cmunns

You need to modify the postnav section then so it links to items within the same category. create a file called template.postnav.php in your child theme root and paste this in `

<?php previous_post_link(''%link', '%link%', TRUE') ?> <?php next_post_link(''%link', '%link%', TRUE') ?>
`

veronica

Hi Adam, I'm not sure what you mean by "child theme root" but I placed it in the Ecopro folder at the root and it didn't work. I also posted the file you suggested in the Themes folder and that didn't work either.

cmunns

Okay what I said applies to PlatformPro...but you can still just use the same snippet and edit the _postnav.php file in the WHP - Library folder

veronica

Thanks Adam, but it still didn't work. Unless I'm doing it wrong - I posted your chunk of code below what was already there:

<div class="navigation">
		<div class="alignleft"><?php next_posts_link('« Older Entries') ?></div>
		<div class="alignright"><?php previous_posts_link('Newer Entries »') ?></div>
	</div>
	<div class="post-nav fix">
				<span class="previous"><?php previous_post_link(''%link', '%link%', TRUE') ?></span>
				<span class="next"><?php next_post_link(''%link', '%link%', TRUE') ?></span>
			</div>

What I find especially perplexing about all of this is that I have the same blog format another site of mine and have no problems with the "previous entries" link.