Sign in to follow this  
conif

background not showing sides

conif

Hi, I've very new at this and am helping out a friend. The site is working fine except that on some machines including mobile devices and Mac as well as others the sides of the background are getting cut off. You can see all the content but not the "green/blue and paws" on either side. What button is 'pushed'? I figure its a simple issue. I'm using the Platform 1.2.1 theme. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks www.orlandocrittersitter.com

kastelic

You've got a pretty old version there, its now up to 1.5.4. I'm not sure on your version, but in the latest version, you can go to Layout Editor and manually drag the width of the site to whatever you need.

conif

Jimmy, Forgive me for being dense, like I said this is not my usual forte. I have upgraded to 1.3.1 which is what was offered. My dilema is that on many machines to site looks totally fine, but on mobile and others the sides are cut off. Is that a setting on the individual machine or is there a setting in Wordpress that I need to check off that allows the site to adjust for these? Thanks for your patience with me.

catrina

There aren't any settings for the theme or WordPress that I know of for adjusting for mobile. Is it just the white body of the page showing? What happens when adjust the layout's width and view it on a mobile device?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

conif

It was just the white body showing. I have been playing with it according to Jimmy's recommendations. I shrunk the background image and now the paw prints show on the mobile devices. I'll need to adjust the header image and expand the sides of the background image to bring everything back into alignment. I think so it appears the problem was the layout size combined with the background image. I hope to fix this over the weekend and I'll let you know if works!

conif

Ok, so that seems to have worked on everything but an iPad in which no background shows up at all?

catrina

I'm not familiar enough with the iPad to suggest a solution since I've never developed a site with that device in mind. Perhaps other forum users can provide some insight. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse