Sign in to follow this  
makeylon

Category page showing file list

makeylon

Okay, so I just loaded up a new website with Platform Pro, copying the theme from another website I have. Now, one of the category pages is showing the file list on the server rather than a category post page... http://best-forex-trading-signals.com/statements/ Help? The menu link is a custom menu category link. I can't figure out why its showing the server file list rather than the category post page, and read somewhere that it is likely to be a theme problem with something to do with the category page for the theme...

timlinson
copying the theme from another website I have.
What process did you go through to do this?

makeylon

Trying to keep the branding the same, rather than reload everything from scratch, I copied one site to local dev server. (downloaded the SQL and Wordpress site files) Got the content changes set up the way I wanted them on the local server. Imported the SQL to the host server database. Changed all the local server links to host server URLs. Then uploaded all the dev files to the host server. Tried importing Pagelines settings, but it failed. Apparently something to do with length in the lines or something, so wound up copying all the pagelines settings from the local server to the host server. Everything looks to be working correctly, with the exception of that category page is showing a list of files rather than a category post page.

kastelic

Try going to Settings->Permalinks and clickinc Save just to reset the permalinks, or setting them to the default. Have you contacted the hosting provider about this?