Sign in to follow this  
hottheo

boxes/callout activation issues! please HELP!

hottheo

hey guys i am a very new user and i am having some troubles getting my page looking the way that i want. my problem is that i am trying to deactivate boxes in certain sections of various pages, however when i deactivate one set of boxes in a given page area it also deactivates the boxes in the other areas as well. for example i want to keep the boxes on the footer activated but i want to deactivate the boxes in the template area. I HAVE tried checking and un-checking the correct parts of the section control area for the given page i am editing, but still no luck. please help!

Rob

Taylor, Please provide a link to your site. As a fellow newbie, I can sympathize, but we need to clarify your specific needs and refine them a bit. For example, do you wish to remove the feature slider and boxes from search page, categories and archive pages? If so, that's done through CSS in the Settings. You would paste the right CSS code on the "Custom Code" tab in PlatformPro Settings. There, you will find "Custom CSS" and below that, a box labelled "CSS Rules". You should find the line "body {}" there. Here are some examples you may use individually. They should be self explanatory.

.category #feature{display:none;}
	.search #feature{display:none;}
	.category #boxes {display:none;}
	.search #boxes {display:none;}
	.archive #boxes {display:none;}
	.archive #feature{display:none;}

Best of luck. Let me know how it goes.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

penny772

Hi Taylor I to am having problems with the same thing. i want callout in my template area and not my footer however I either have to have it in both (which looks stupid) or not at all. Did you come up with anything

hottheo

hey penny! i havent figured out how to solve this problem yet, but if i do end up getting it fixed i will let you know. sorry :)

Kate

Hey Guys, Robert's suggestion would hold true for the callout section as well. (You can hide the one you don't want with CSS.)