Sign in to follow this  
jordana_che

Banner template with Sidebar Widget

jordana_che

Hi there, been working with PlatformPro and am really stuck on the banner template with sidebar fix I've been reading about on this forum. Can someone please advise? Right now I have a banner page set up and the sidebar below the banners. The page is: http://jordanadance.com/test-page I've tried the following css fix (that appears to work for others but isn't working for me): #banners .banner-area{width:540px} #banners .clear{display:none} .page-id-test-page #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-470px} I also read about a section;php fix for this on the features page....is there one for banners and boxes? Thanks! Nancy PS; Thanks for this tool. I'm pretty fascinated with it. Looking forward to learning more about it.

catrina
I've tried the following css fix (that appears to work for others but isn't working for me)
It might not be working for you because the CSS would need to be tweaked a little.
.page-id-test-page #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-470px}
^ In this code,
page-id-test-page
needs to be replaced with the page ID number for your page (it's different for everyone, so you'll need to customize it for yourself). For example, your test page's page ID is 222, so you'll need to replace
page-id-test-page
with
.page-id-222
That means your code would look like this:
#banners .banner-area{width:540px}
	#banners .clear{display:none}
	.page-id-222 #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-470px}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jordana_che

Thanks. The current page I'm working on is: http://jordanadance.com/test-page. would not the script then read: .page-id-222 #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-470px}? I'm using permalinks and that's the name I'm using right now to test this while I figure it out.

Kate

Correct, Jordana: This would be the line:

.page-id-222 #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-470px}

jordana_che

Thanks Kate, it's actually Nancy for Jordana. Was able to tweak the -px to fit properly. I have some more questions now; I am going to use this on a great deal of pages; is there a better fix that will make it so I don't have to go in to the custom css and add each new page? If that's with the section.php is there a good tutorial on that that would make it really clear for someone like me (so so on the coding?). Also, I'd like a solution for boxes as well. It's been alluded to on the forum but I can't find the coding there as well. Thank you so much for your quick responses! Nancy

jordana_che

and one more question; now that I have permalinks on, how do I find the page id number? Can you switch back and forth without disrupting all links, etc?

jordana_che

Figured out the page id answer with firebug...so please ignore that question. Thanks!

jordana_che

Hey guys, it's been a couple of days since a response so I wanted to make sure you didn't think that I had resolved all of the questions.... do you have solutions for the following? I am going to use the banner formatting on a great deal of pages; is there a better fix that will make it so I don't have to go in to the custom css and add each new page? If that's with the section.php is there a good tutorial on that that would make it really clear for someone like me (so so on the coding?). Also, I'd like a solution for boxes as well. It's been alluded to on the forum but I can't find the coding there as well. Thank you so much for your quick responses! Nancy