Sign in to follow this  
cvandyck

How do you abbreviate a page (not a post page) article

cvandyck

Ref: http://vandyckfamily.me/?page_id=103 The Content in the center column.. how do I limit the number of lines by using the "more" button? How do I do this for the various pages (not the Posts page). Can you suggest the specific code.

Kate

Hi Chuck, Just to clarify: why would you want to abbreviate the page when it's on the single page?

cvandyck

great question; i can abbreviate to a paragraph and then stick boxes under it, keeping the page more uniform .. just think it looks better ... also would you do me a favor and explain box sets to me .. i understand that i can put multiple boxes in them and unite, but am unclear how to put them as a box set on the page .. am sure i'm missing something pretty basic, but i don't see how to use them as box sets

Simon

Use ``

cvandyck

nope .. just printed "next page" on the page... I need it so when there is say 100 lines on a page (not a post), that it will show say 10 lines on the screen and at the bottom of the 10th line, it will have a "more" or "next page" or something like that, and then when you click on that, it will scroll out the remainder of the document

cvandyck

so this is getting more and more complicated.. trying to go in the other direction... the ref you sent me to says to open up wp-admin/quicktags.js .. no clue where that is .... can't I just get some CSS code to insert in the custom block of PlatformPro?

kastelic

Switch to html mode before you insert <!--nextpage-->