Sign in to follow this  
heather

Limit which child-pages are displayed?

heather

Is it possible to limit which parent pages display their child-pages? I run into a problem with one parent page (a lot of child pages). I would like to turn off the child-page display on this one only. I am using WHP2 on WP 2.9.2 www.heathercarleton.com (click on ministries) I love the way the child-pages show on the other parent pages and want them to stay. Any advice? Thanks!

cmunns

I got an error trying to see your site. Are you trying to disable the drop-down on this page or the static subnav that appears when you're on the actual page? This should be a pretty easy fix with some of our help

heather

Hi Adam, I am not sure why you got the error. The site is working and should be viewable. www.heathercarleton.com I am trying to disable the static sub nav on some pages. BUT I really love the static sub nav on my other pages throughout the site, and want to make sure those stay. I do realize that there is an option to turn them all off or all on, so I was wondering if there was a way to turn just some off. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

cmunns

Okay here we go... So to hide this subnav on certain pages we can use page ID's with a css rule to hide it. For example if I view the source code of the Faith Groups page (or in your case the URL tells us) you can search for page-id-xxx For that page it happens to be page-id-184 so... Adding this code to your custom css code area in the theme options: `.page-id-184 #sub_head {display:none;}` will hide it only that page.

heather

Worked like a charm! You are a rock star. THANK YOU!!!

mhulnick

This was a good one! If I wanted to hide some of the grand-child pages in the side bar as well is there a similar treatment?

cmunns

More or less, yes, but it's slightly more specific and complicated. Care to throw me a live link and tell me which page items you want to hide.

mhulnick

Possibly any or all grand-child pages that show up in the side bar... Here is a link: http://pgamagazine.net/wordpress7/?page_id=128 I was reading some other threads, (if this is going to be over my head as far as coding) I think there may have been a plug in. Not sure which is a better route for what I'm trying to do. I want to keep the same amount of pages, but don't want so may visible in all of the nav's. I tried to make pages private, but they are not accessible at all when I'm not logged into the admin: http://pgamagazine.net/wordpress7/?page_id=41 Let me know what you think. (is there a limit or unspoken rule about the number of questions on here? I try to ask when i don't see them on other threads. This is my first wordpress site and I know just enough to get by or bring the whole site crashing down, if I'm not careful. Thanks again!

apwhitehurst

Adam, Apologies for jumping into this conversation on the late side. I had the exact same question, added the code to the theme options, and can't get the same result. Any help you could offer is appreciated! Ann http://yodro.com/?page_id=3