Sign in to follow this  
exploringkorea

Random Posts

exploringkorea

I would like to add random posts to my static homepage using a plugin. All of the plugins require you to add code to the template where you would like the random posts to appear. I have no idea where to add this? <?php random_posts(); ?> Where should I add the code? Do I add it on the page or have to edit css? Which file? I am using platform pro and my site link is www.exploringkorea.com

Kate

Hi Steven, It depends where you want to add it. If you'd like to add it to a widget, you could use a PHP plugin like PHP Exec so that you can add that to the widget. If you'd like it to take the place of the current list of posts, then you would have to modify the template.postloop.php file.

exploringkorea

Hi Kate, I'd like to add it to my home page which is a static page and add the randomposts to the content area? Do I still add this code to template.postloop.php file? Thanks

exploringkorea

Thanks for all the replies but I still haven't figured it out yet. I really just need to know where to add the php code so that my plugin can display random posts on my static home page. There are a lot of files under apperance -> editor and not sure which file to add the code to. Thanks

cmunns

Why can't you use a widget that is meant to go in the content area and not the sidebar?

exploringkorea

I didn't know that could be done. I am still very new to this. Just incase anyone else has the same problems. I downloaded AmR shortcode any widget and added the widget to my shortcode bar and the added code to the page that I wanted the widget to appear on.