Sign in to follow this  
jason1044

Search Function Gremlins

jason1044

I'm stumped. Here is our new Pagelines site: http://playingwithbooks.com/ Use the search field & search for a word or phrase. Usually, it's all good, you get the results you expected and the site 'looks' OK. Now search for the term 'books'. What happened? The left & righthand columns are wrapping. Any ideas? Thank you Jason

catrina

Hm, I'm not sure why the term "books" would throw the layout of. Do you have any custom CSS or plugins you can deactivate? Looks like someone gave the Gremlins water.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jason1044

Thanks Catrina. Yes, weird. The only custom CSS I'm using is through the admin panel PLATFORM PRO SETTINGS -> CUSTOM CODE: --------------------------------------- body{} .widget ul li { display: block; list-style: none outside none; padding: 0 0; } body{ color: #3399CC; line-height: 20px; font-size: 11px } blockquote { font-style: italic; margin: 0 0 1em 0; padding: 1em 1em 0.5em; } --------------------------------------- Not much there. As for plugins, just Jetpack. It's a new site, I haven't customized it too much yet. I did notice however that the search term 'BOOKS' does return a TXT file, not just blog posts. I wonder if that has anything to do with the issues? Is there a way to limit search function to only return blog posts? Jason

cmunns

strange. yes try to figure out the .text issue..is that plugin relateD?

jason1044

OK. It gets weirder. Turns out it isn't the TXT issue, as I just deleted those files from the 'media' folder. You won't see them show up when you search BOOKS anymore. however the issue remains! Try this: Search BOOK, then search BOOKS at http://playingwithbooks.com BOOK = good BOOKS = not so good, sidebars are wrapping Weird. Any other areas I should look at? Thanks for your help everyone, this forum is great. Jason

cmunns

having db connection problems now.

jason1044

Thanks Adam. We're migrating servers. NetworkSolutions to --> GreenGeeks. DB Issues should be resolved now. However, the search gremlins remain!

catrina

Hm, I was thinking that perhaps you can add the Google Custom search instead but I'm guessing you want to maintain the PlatformPro layout.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jason1044

Still having an issue with this. Now several search terms return lefthand-righthand column issues. When using the SEARCH box, terms such as "book" Books" "Paper" return issues with the layout of the site. Any suggestions?

catrina

Hm, I am not quite certain. I've never seen this problem before. Have you already tried deactivating the Jetpack plugin?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

jason1044

Fixed! Thanks Catrina. I deactivated JetPack, and voila, fixed. However, I liked the JetPack plugins, so I simply re-activated them after checking the search field when deactivated and the problem is gone: Deactivate -> re-activate -> Fixed. Thanks everyone. Jason