Sign in to follow this  
bloggingbubba

A Little HTML Help Needed

bloggingbubba

Hi HTML masters, I've added an HTML script for a search form to my site, but the search button is aligned to the left. I've tried tweaking the HTML code to center it out, but am seemingly not good enough with HTML to do it myself yet. I've attached the code here. Perhaps one of the masters can help me with the proper edit, please. Thanks a million! kYXqB.png

<form action="http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/" method="post">
	<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="border-color: #600;">
	<tr><th style="background-color: #600; color:#fff; text-align: center; padding: 0 10px;">Lookup a word or passage in the Bible</th></tr>
	<tr><td style="background-color: #fff; text-align: center; padding: 0 10px;">
	<p style="margin-bottom: 0;">
	<input type="text" name="quicksearch" />
	</p>
	<input type="submit" value="Search The Bible" />

<small>

</small>
	</td></tr>
	</table>
	</form>[/code]

catrina

Where did you add this HTML script? Inside a page or post editor, a widget, or a file?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bloggingbubba

I supposed location would have helped. I've added it to a box on my homepage. I've got two boxes sitting just above my footer; you can see HERE.

Kate

You could also accomplish this with CSS, but... Here's a line for the HTML that should work:

<input type="submit" style="display:block;margin:0 auto;" value="Search The Bible" />

bloggingbubba

Awesome. Thanks, Kate. The HTML edit didn't work, but I was able to do it via CSS. I didn't give CSS any prior thought because I got hung up on the HTML edit Thanks again!

bloggingbubba

Okay, so I thought it was resolved, but apparently the CSS tweak I've implemented only works in Safari and not FF or IE. The problem is still the same and the Search Button is still floated off to the the left. Kate your, HTML edit didn't do the trick either... sorry. Here is the code, I've used in CSS...

a.pagelines-blink, a.soapbox_link, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link, .button, input[type="submit"], input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], .submit{float:center;}

You can see the actual problem HERE. The location is in a box located just above the footer on the RH side. Help is much appreciated. All I want to do is center the darn thing out, but with the original HTML code it ends up this way although it's not supposed to be. Perhaps it could be a problem with the box size? --Pete

catrina
a.pagelines-blink, a.soapbox_link, #feature_slider .fcontent a.post-edit-link, .button, input[type="submit"], input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], .submit{margin-left: 50px;;}
^ Try using this and change the value in
margin-left: 50px;

until it's centered.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bloggingbubba

Thanks, Catrina. That really did it this time. It didn't occur to me to try the margin properties.