Sign in to follow this  
rjharding

Adding Content on Category Pages

rjharding

I'm looking to place unique content/images on each of my category pages. On previous themes, I just duplicated the page template code and made a unique category.php page for each category ID, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on my PlatformPro theme. Where can I find the template code that pulls in the header, sidebar, body and footer? Any help would be appreciated. I'm by no means a developer either so simple terms are needed. Thanks!

rjharding

Adam, Thanks for that. I checked them both out and I think I am getting a better understanding. My functions.php file consists of the following:

<?php
	/*

THEME INITIALIZATION

This file loads the core framework for Platform which handles everything.

This theme copyright (C) 2008-2010 PageLines

*/

require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/core/core.init.php");
Then, for categories, it says to use the following conditional tag:
is_category( array( 9, 'blue-cheese', 'Stinky Cheeses' ) ) 

So, do I just enter that code with the specified category slug and enter the text below it? I think I'm missing alot here...

catrina

Is this the entire code or are there some parts missing (the way it's spaced out I feel like I'm not seeing something)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

rjharding

Yea, below is the entire functions.php file: <?php /* THEME INITIALIZATION This file loads the core framework for Platform which handles everything. This theme copyright © 2008-2010 PageLines */ require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/core/core.init.php");

catrina
is_category( array( 9, 'blue-cheese', 'Stinky Cheeses' ) ) 

^ When replacing the terms, you can find the category slug and other category info in the Categories page on the Dashboard.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse