Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Upgrading to Platform Pro 1.5.1 - how?

Michael_J

A bit confused here. The Readme instructions say: - Rename the new theme (for example "PlatformProNew") and upload to themes folder - Visit WP Admin and switch theme to new version This makes no sense, as the selected theme is supposed to be PLATFORM BASE, not Platform Pro.

cmunns

If you haven't touched PlatformPros main files then you can just update the original. Do a backup first though...this is the point of having a child theme.

Michael_J

I am using Platform Base. But how do I update Platform Pro? I'm completely confused.

Simon

Joseph? Are you on 1.5.0? If so you see an auto upgrade very soon.

Michael_J

Now it says I'm on 1.5.1 for Platform Pro and 1.0.4 for Base. But I am not supposed to Activate 1.5.1, correct? Despite the instructions that say to activate it? Because I'm supposed to be using Base as the activated theme? Meantime, who's on first?

Simon

Yes, thats right, 'base' is the child theme, you shouldnt need to update it. All your custom edits go into the base theme, so when you update platformpro ( the parent ) your changes are preserved.

Michael_J

How do you update the parent? The instructions say to Activate it, but if you Activate it then you are no longer using Base.

Simon

If its 1.5.1 then its already upgraded, leave 'base' activated, there is nothing left to do.