Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Change background for selected navigation menu tab

Michael_J

Can't find any documentation about this.

timlinson

On my brandnav test page, the active menu item has the "current_page_item" class. `.main_nav ul li.current_page_item {background:red}`

Michael_J

I don't understand what you are saying. I did drop your code into the custom CSS section, but nothing happened./ Here is a screen shot of the highlighted tab background color that I would like to adjust: 5fkw0.jpg

Kate

Hi Joseph, You can use this CSS:

.main_nav ul li.current-menu-item a{background:none;}

Here I've set it to "none", but you can easily just add a color.

Michael_J

Not knowing where to put the code you gave me, I first tried dropping it into the Platform Pro -> Settings -> Custom Code section, and that did not work. I then placed it in the Appearance -> Editor -> Stylesheet.css and that also did not work.

cmunns

Link us up to the site so we can give you accurate code...we can't be consistent guessing what design options you have.

Michael_J

Okay, I didn't do anything but now the entire site seems to be down. Warning: require_once(/home2/cartadie/public_html/qamera/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/cartadie/public_html/qamera/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home2/cartadie/public_html/qamera/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/core.init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home2/cartadie/public_html/qamera/wp-content/themes/platformbase/functions.php on line 8