Sign in to follow this  
deaneogden

Facebook Comments for WP/Platform Pro integration

deaneogden

Hey everyone! I've been trying for days to replace the current Disqus commenting system with Facebook Comments for WP with zero success. I've looked here on the forum, and only found two or three posts from people having issues, but they seem to at least have it up and running, al biet with a few minor tweaks that need done. I can't even set mine up at all, and I don't know why. I've also scoured the web and found many tutorials, but they do not seem to work with Platform Pro, OR are just not specific enough to the structure of Platform Pro's framework. I simply want FB Comments to be the default commenting platform for single posts and pages on our site, doing away with the Disqus plugin once and for all. Can anyone point me to some specific instructions pertaining to Platform Pro and Facebook Comments for WP? Thank you so much in advance! url: http://scorecastonline.com

deaneogden

Hey Stefan, Thank you so much for responding! Unfortunately, yes I have tried some plugins, including the one you listed here. The problem is that while some of them are pretty nice, they don't contain the connected functionality that Facebook's "Facebook Social" plugin does in terms of relating comments from every linked instance of the post on FB back to the original post on your WP blog. In my case, since my site is an online magazine, some of our posts get reposted in hundreds of different places on Facebook as people share them around. Facebook's proprietary solution would be ideal because it truly gathers every comment from every instance of the post and pings them back onto your site, while of course also allowing comments native to your original post at your site. I'm gathering from a whole day spent researching this on the web that many people are having issues getting the plugin to work inside any of Pagelines' products in general, so maybe there isn't a solution yet from Pagelines. The majority of issues seem to stem from the way Pagelines handles "hooks" and the placement of the plugin where comments would normally be found on a single post page. Developers, you folks have any guidance? Thanks again so much, Stefan! If worse comes to worse, I might have to take the plugin you suggested and implement it instead. Better than nothing, I suppose. It definitely seems to be the better of the lot in terms of third-party plugins for this purpose.

Simon

Where are the instructions? Is there something you have to install?