Sign in to follow this  
Michael_J

Remove unused Social Network Icons from header

Michael_J

I am only using Facebook and Twitter for social networking. How do I remove the other icons from my header? I went to Settings -> Social icons but there is no option to remove unused icons. Site is www.Qamera.com Using Platform Pro WdVwC.jpgsAOUY.jpg

catrina

Use this CSS to hide the unwanted buttons:

a.stumbleupon, a.linkedinlink, a.rsslink {display: none;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Michael_J

I dropped that code into Custom Code -> CSS Rules, but nothing happened. 0ye1f.jpg

Michael_J

Strange. Now the entire header image is gone also. I tried removing the CSS, but the header is still gone! http://Qamera.com

Michael_J

/* ============================= */ /* = HOW TO CUSTOMIZE PLATFORM = */ /* ============================= */ /* Edit this style sheet to create your own custom theme based on the Base Platform theme. Rules placed in this stylesheet will override the default styles of the Base Platform theme and will not be changed or over written when you update the Platform framework. Additionally, since this stylesheet is purely for editing purposes you can easily undo or erase some of the CSS to return your site back to the look and feel of the Base theme. In the Base theme the footer is black ??“ the CSS looks like this: #footer { clear:both; font-size:1em; overflow:hidden; text-align: left; background: #000; color: #999; position: relative; } To change the background color to white, all you have to do is declare a new rule for the color like so: #footer { background: #FFF; } A great tool for modifying themes and inspecting CSS elements is the FireBug extension for FireFox. You can also use the developer tools provided by Chrome (right-click and "inspect element") or Internet Explorer if you're feeling dangerous. LEARN CSS - We recommend using Lynda.com video tutorials to learn using CSS. Also, for a comprehensive list of CSS rules and usage try consulting W3 schools @ http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp ON UPDATING - Base shouldn't be replaced in your install with every release. It defeats the purpose of using a child theme. Use updates to this Platform Child Theme, as a reference to help you improve your own customizations. */ /* ============================== */ /* = Start Your Custom CSS Here = */ /* ============================== */ /* @ CSS corresponding to the hook used in functions.php; adds a stumbleupon icon to branding section */ .icons .stumbleupon {background: url('../platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png') no-repeat -176px 0;} .icons .stumbleupon:hover {background: url('../platformpro/images/sprite-socialicons.png') no-repeat -176px -22px;} /* @ Pullquote Section */ #pullquote.copy{ background: #f7f7f7 url(images/pullquote.png) no-repeat 15px 15px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 45px; margin-bottom: 1.5em; } #pullquote .thepullquote{font-size: 1.5em;margin-bottom: 5px;line-height: 1.3em;} #pullquote .thecitation{color: #AAA; font-style: italic;padding-left: 15px;}

Kate

Hi Joseph, I'm seeing your header, so that's good. As for the CSS: I tried it via FireBug, and it worked fine. Which ones do you want to hide? You can use this as a start:

a.facebooklink, a.linkedinlink, a.twitterlink{display:none;}
And, if that doesn't work:
a.facebooklink, a.linkedinlink, a.twitterlink{display:none !important;}

Michael_J

Okay it worked by dropping the code into the style.css file, NOT into the Settings -> Custom Code section.