Sign in to follow this  
hrwriter

Reduce Site Title Size In Simple Footer Navigation

hrwriter

Hello, I am using the Simple Navigation Footer on the Platform theme. I want to reduce the size of the Site Title (menu size is fine), but can't find where I need to do it. Unfortunately, I'm not too CSS savvy, but I can follow directions. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

catrina

Add this CSS to the Custom Code CSS area in your settings:

h1.site-title {font-size: 12px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hrwriter

Where exactly would I find this area? I've looked under settings, but the only custom code section I see is for Footer Scripts & Analytics. I figure 'm looking in the wrong place. There are two stylesheet areas: RTL Stylesheet (rtl.css) and the regular Stylesheet (style.css). Do you mean one of these by chance?

catrina

There should be a CSS Rules area in the Custom Code section. Is it not there? Also, if you want to add the CSS to any CSS files, you should add it to the base.css file (which is enabled as long as the child theme, PlatformBase, is activated).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

hrwriter

No, the CSS Rules area is not in the Custom Code section. Just the Footer Scripts area I mentioned. Also, there is no base.ccs file listed. Perhaps I'm not using the correct theme?

catrina

The base.css file is only available in the child theme that is included in the non-free version of the theme. You can try adding the CSS I provided in the style.css file that you have.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

hrwriter

That didn't work. :(. Any other suggestions?

Simon

add it to the bottom of style.css

hrwriter

Sorry Simon, that didn't work either.

kastelic

Try:

#simple_footer_nav #logo h1 {font-size:12px !important}

hrwriter

Jimmy, sorry this didn't work either, unless I was supposed to put it in without the word "code" around it?

hrwriter

Nevermind, that did not work either. Thanks anyway.

hrwriter

I think I found it. Changed the font size for the 'title-site' in the footer from 44px to 12px in the Style CSS. So far it is working. I guess time will tell. Thanks so much for the assist.