Sign in to follow this  
catriona

I've messed up functions.php. Help!!

catriona

Okay, someone please help. I found a fix to enable iframes online, and it involved editing the functions.php file. I did it, and received a syntax error. I deleted what I thought was just the new code, however I'm now receiving this error every time I try to load my site: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/content/07/7847607/html/wp-content/themes/platform/functions.php on line 15 My current functions.php file reads as follows: `code` <?php /* THEME INITIALIZATION This file loads the core framework for Platform which handles everything. This theme copyright © 2008-2010 PageLines */ require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/includes/core.init.php"); `code` __ How should the code read so that my site is actually enabled again? HELP!!

catriona

Update: I cross-referenced how that functions.php file reads compared to one from another site I manage [by installing the PageLines theme, going to the Editor and viewing the functions.php file]. Really kind of stuck here, having a bit of a panic attack. Would appreciate any help!!

catriona

Okay, this is comical, but I've resolved this myself. To anyone who experiences a similar problem - and according to Google, this is quite common - what I did was download the Platform theme to my desktop. In a state of utter panic, I downloaded a free trial of Fetch [FTP client for Mac], Google searched where to find the pertinent info. in GoDaddy in order to use the FTP client, and re-uploaded JUST the functions.php file to the Platform theme. WHEW.

kastelic
require_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/includes/core.init.php");

DOn't know if there is, but there should be nothing after this line. Other than that, it looks correct. If you want to edit functions.php you need to install the base child theme. Then functions.php in the child theme is the one that is meant to be edited. To do this your main theme folder currently named platform, needs to be named platformpro (or is that the free version?) At any rate you can redownload the theme and use FTP to upload functions.php, thereby overwriting any errors.

kastelic

Oh, sorry, posted right after you. Glad you figured it out!