Sign in to follow this  
chules

PlatformPro Upgrade Instructions

chules

I have been reading the documentation about upgrading PlatformPro. I have the developer version of the product and in my themes have Platformbase 1.3.2 active and Platformpro 1.3.5 installed but not activated. For the initial installation I followed the video instructions. I see that there is an upgrade to Platformpro and I am planning the upgrade. What is the order of upgrade? Do you perform the upgrade to Platformpro first and then upgrade the base as well. I am trying to determine the steps involved. Thank you -mark

Simon

Did you make any edits to platformbase files?

chules

I may be paranoid but the upgrade worked so well I'm not sure I'm using the correct version of the template. I followed the instruction technique 1 to upgrade just the version of PlatformPro. I changed to a default template and renamed my version 1.3.5 template to old_platform pro via ftp. I uploaded the new platformpro_dev template and followed the instructions. No errors but I went into my site and all the menu options and customization was gone. I then activated the platformbase 1.3.2 version and everything was ok. Lastly I show 1.5.0 as the latest theme from a download I took today. I'm not sure if this is because I am using the developers version or not. Now I have the platformbase 1.3.2 activated and available themes show both the 1.3.5 theme and the 1.5.0 theme. Under the 1.3.5 theme it does show that the files are located in /themes/old_platformpro. The only indication that I have not that plaftformpro has been upgraded to 1.5.0 is that my social icons changed back to the default grey and then color when hovering. Under the 1.3.5 theme I had changed this. Is there anyway to verify that 1.5.0 is really the theme that plafrombase 1.3.2 is referencing or am I just being paranoid that the upgrade went so smoothly. Thank you - Mark

chules

Well easy way to test. I'm using Amazon Web Services. Took a snapshot of the EBS volume, deleted the 1.3.5 theme and still running so I guess I answered my own question. What remains - Is the 1.5.1 theme release only for the non dev version. I'm using the developers version and show 1.5.0. Also, any suggestions on when to upgrade the base theme. I would imagine this would be more difficult. I'm at 1.3.2 and see the latest version is 1.4.1. Any suggestions on this upgrade? So far the upgrade process is very smooth Mark

catrina

There is a 1.5.1 release for the developer version. You can upgrade the base theme, but keep the base theme backed up with your changes so you won't lose them.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse