Sign in to follow this  
utgjames

Main page background? [Stationpro]

utgjames

Hello, I run the music review site Under The Gun Review [www.underthegunreview.net]. We've grown to love working with you, but I'm a bit stumped as to the feasibility of one thing. We were looking to do some largescale ad/promo for some new releases and wondered if there was a way t change the background on our main page. Instead of being plain black, I'd love to be able to incorporate a full size ad in those side margins. Basically a giant sticker behind everything. Do you understand? Can it be done?

cmunns

Yeah this is actually pretty simple. It's just a matter of applying a special css rule that only applies to the home page background. What is your understanding of this stuff?

runehyldmo

I have no such nowlegde, and want to do the same, wouldn t it be easy for you to make an option in the themes to change the background picture? And can you add a short instruction on how to change it manually...before you add the function in your theme admin;)

cmunns

haha sure. 1) upload your picture to the media library 2) copy the file url that shows up inside the media library 3) click save changes 4) Add this code to your custom css code area: `body {background: url('copied_file_URL_goes_here') no-repeat top left;}` Get to this point and let's go from there.

runehyldmo

i tried to put it in the Stylesheet CSS, but you say custom css code area, i can t seem to find that one. Sorry for my lack of skills but hey, thats why i buy themes and don t make em on my own;) Can you show more excactly the text should be placed? maybe by including the text before and after?

cmunns

I was referring to a text field in the theme options admin, however, adding directly the stylesheet as you have done will work as well. The only problem with you have done is you have nested rules. You body css should like this: ` body{ font-size:13px; line-height:1.6em; font-family:georgia,serif; background-image:url('http://www.internsystem.no/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/forside_tapetartikkel_204083236.jpg'); } `

runehyldmocom

i have again this problem, but now with station pro3, i tried what worked last time, but now i can t get it to work. I want to get an background on the whole screen