Sign in to follow this  
glynt

Carousel images not opening with Shadowbox

glynt

Hi all, I am using the Carousel and currently have a gallery of 5 images loaded from a NextGen gallery. I have the 'displayed carousel items' set to 4 and the 'items to scroll' also set to 4. I am using 'ShadowboxJS' to open my images. When I try to open the images from the carousel, the first 5 open perfectly in shadowbox. However, when I get to the 6th (which is the first one again as there are only 5 in the gallery) the images open in a separate page. The URL of the page I am trying to accomplish this on is: http://benidorm-selections.com/hotel-1-benidorm/ I am using Platform pro. Many thanks for any help! Regards, Glyn

catrina

Do you have any other plugins activated? If so, you should try deactivating those and seeing if the problem is resolved.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

glynt

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your reply. I have tried disabling every single plugin except for NextGen and Shadowbox and the result is still the same. I have also tried with Shadowbox deactivated too and with each of the other effects setting in NextGen. It seems that it is the same with the other effects (such as 'Shutter' - the default. I half works with 'Thick Box' in that when you click on the 6th, 7th or 8th image you get it opening in Thick Box, but if says there is a gallery of 8 images, when there are only 5.... so that is no 100% either.... Many thanks, Glyn

glynt

Hi all, Please can someone help with this? I'm really stuck and have to get it working properly... Thanks, Glyn

catrina

Was the Shadowbox working properly before or was there a change made that started causing problems?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

glynt

Hi Catrina, Thanks for your reply... Shadowbox seems to be working fine. It works with all other images and with the original 5 in the carousel. The same problem occurs with the other effects available in the NextGen gallery too, such as Lightbox... It seems that the carousel creates a second thumb nail for each image, but doesn't pick up the effect to open it with...

glynt

Please, please, please.... can anyone help?? I'm desperate here!!!! Many thanks, Glyn

cmunns

THe problem is that the carousel is getting a rel of `lightbox[set-3]` when it should just be saying `lightbox` Do you set this manually? It's probably trying to lightbox a whole gallery for you which doesn't work bc you need individual photos in the carousel.

glynt

Hi Adam, Thanks for your reply... I am using the standard setting in the NextGen effects section for lightbox - rel="lightbox[%GALLERY_NAME%]". I have tried to change it to rel="lightbox", but it is still the same.... Any other ideas? Thanks...

glynt

Hi all, I'm still struggling with this... The Carousel simply doesn't work properly with NextGen, any effects. Is there perhaps another way to have certain images for different carousels on different pages? Many thanks, Glyn

cmunns

It looks to be working now...how did you fix so others may see?

glynt

Hi Adam, I'm afraid it's still not working.... The first 5 images open OK but the 6th (which is the first one repeated as there are 5 in the gallery) won't open with the effect (eg shadowbox, lightbox...). Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks, Glyn

cmunns

oh I didn't catch that originally...I think you just need to have the minimum number of carousel items in there to avoid duplicates...try adding at least 8

glynt

HI Adam, Thanks for that.... but.... I have now uploaded 10 images to the gallery (well, the same 5 twice) and on the 11th.... no effect. It seems that as soon as the carousel does the 'carousel thing' i.e. goes round to the start again, the effects switch off.... Anything else I can try? Thanks, Glyn

glynt

Hi Catrina, I'm using Platform Pro 1.3.5 Thanks, Glyn

cmunns

I know you shouldn't edit the core files, but for testing purposes what if you go into the sections - carousel - section.carousel.php and look for this: `wrap: 'circular',` If you change it to : `wrap: '',` it should stop the wrapping ...see if that helps

glynt

Hi Adam, I'm afraid I don't seem to have that file... the only files I have with 'carousel' in the title are: 'Carousel Page Page Template (page.beta.php)' and 'gallery-plcarousel.php' And neither has the code in that you mention... Thanks, Glyn

glynt

Hi guys, Any more ideas for this one?? I really need to get it sorted.... Many thanks, Glyn

888kkk
Hi All, I went to the platformpro theme folder, not the base (child theme) and changed the file there. Works perfectly! Thanks so much for the help! (that was fun) ~ Karen

Rob
Karen, I don't know if you realize that when updated, that file (in wp-content/themes/platformpro) will be overwritten and your changes wiped out. The thing to do with template files is copy them to platformbase folder and place your changes in there. This protects them from overwriting with upgrades.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur