Sign in to follow this  
mrmyth

Home Page with Features

mrmyth

Hi. I'm new to Pagelines and I'm really liking this PlatformPro. I have two basic Questions. 1. how to I use twitter to contact support? 2. how do I put a features box on the home page only? I'll probably want features boxes on other pages too, but for now I just want one on the home page.

catrina
1. how to I use twitter to contact support?
You can send a tweet to @PageLines.
2. how do I put a features box on the home page only? I'll probably want features boxes on other pages too, but for now I just want one on the home page.
Are you using a static page as the home page or does the home page have the recent blog posts?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

quawn

Hi, Catrina: Thanks for your answer. I have the same question about 2. I'm using PP 1.5, is the current solution still using

.category #feature {display:none;}

? Or any better way to do it? Thanks.

Kate

Hi Quawn, Assuming you want to show it on your other blog pages, then to the best of my knowledge, yes: that's still the simplest solution. There are some "advanced options" available in Settings->Template Setup to hide/show the elements by default on certain pages. Might be work looking into/checking out.

quawn

Thank you very much, Kate. The result i would like to achieve is to have Feature ONLY on the Home page(with latest blog posts), not on all Posts page. I've thought about using static page, then there will be lots additional coding, plus with more DB queries I guess. So i tend to use the default functions that PP provides. Ideally, if PP could have a third option - "Show on Home page" in Advanced option, that will be perfect. But for now, seems above is the best way to go.

cmunns

these are the sorts of things PL devs are working on.